When retrofitting industrial machines, sometimes discontinued drive electronics have to be replaced by a more modern alternative. However, the customer wants the mechanical interfaces to remain largely the same. In addition, the machine should be upgraded for Industry 4.0. For such cases MACCON offers customized adaptation solutions, e.g. as retrofit for discontinued drive electronics assemblies. For example, the TWE-180-09_Plus is a single channel drive controller for 19 Inch DIN rack mounting (see image and datasheet on the right-hand-side).
Do you have technical questions or need a quote?
Contact us today to talk to an experienced MACCON engineer!Open Contact-Form
It represents a compatible replacement of the obsolete TWE-120-05 with several additional modern features:
- Digital control of brushed or brushless motors with modern control algorithms.
- The new TWE-180-09_Plus has been built based on a Copley ACM-180-09, mounted on an adapter card
- for 19 inch rack mounting.
- Parameter storage in non-volatile flash memory.
- Digital RS232 communication interface on the front side to connect a Windows® PC for easier
- commissioning and control loop tuning, automatic phase recognition, and advanced fault analysis.
- Scope functionality for visualization of internal parameters over time on a connected PC.
- Modular hardware design: The mounted Copley controller can be easily exchanged on the 19 Inch
- adapter card without soldering.
- High quality long life DC-link capacitors on the 19 Inch adapter card.
Please download the datasheet (right hand side) for more details.