MACCON offers a wide range of drive electronics products to control and drive electric motors. These motor controllers and power stages allow the implementation of many standard or unusual applications.
However it is very common that the customer requires products from us, which are not otherwise available from the marketplace. Typically we are asked for special characteristics, such as:
- Improved performance
- Supply conditions
- Special environmental conformance
- Mechanical and electrical interfaces
- Integration of several components in a new configuration or product,
see: Embedded Motion
- Additional functionality
- Higher reliability or redundancy
For this reason, we offer bespoke drive electronics for such cases. Bespoke drive electronics are also referred to as customer-specific or project-specific drive electronics.
In this paragraph we show a typical decision-making process for the development of custom drive electronics. A short glossary is given in advance:
SWM: A servodrive catalog product from MACCON. A certain amount of customisation is possible.
See link to the product page of SWM.
MACinverter: A modular system for building custom drive electronics, consisting of predefined modules.
See link to the MACinverter product page.
- Analog: Precision Sensing and Motion Control
- Power Electronics: Customized Power Stage Topologies, MOSFET, IGBT, Wide Bandgap
- Digital: DSP, Microprocessor and FPGA, Communication Protocols
- Layout and PCB Design for Inhouse Schematic Designs
- Thermal Design, Cooling Systems
- Space Rated Electronics
- System Engineering and Integration
- Design Study, Prototype, Verification, Product
- Complete Design Documentation (Schematic, PCB Manufacturing Data, BOM, Source Code...)
- Integration of Prototypes Inhouse, Manufacturing at external EMS Service Partners
- Design Verification and Documentation of Test Results
- In-house special Thermal and Vacuum Tests for Space Projects, Documentation
Please contact us, to discuss your requirement with an experienced MACCON engineer.