Modern digital servoamplifiers are still used in central motion control architecture and are very often a replacement for obsolete analog amplifiers. Due to the powerful processors used in today's digital amplifiers it is possible to provide very useful software tools, including setup and tuning tools which makes life much easier for the user.
The available intelligence in these modern servo amplifiers can also be used to integrate more sophisticated tasks into the amplifier and make it a single axis motion controller including position control and indexer functionality.
Additionally many of the digital amplifiers of the latest generation are equipped with fieldbus interfaces like CANopen, Profibus, EtherCAT, etc. so that they also can be used in automation architectures with distributed intelligence.
The following features are typical for for modern digital servo amplifiers:
- Flexible regarding motor technology: AC brushless (BLDC) and brushed (DC) motors
- Flexible regarding supply voltage: 3 x 400/230Vac, 1 x 115/230 Vac or DC-supply available
- Field-oriented control
- Efficient setup: powerful software tools (often with oscilloscope and auto-tuning and auto-phasing)
- Easy integration into central control architectures: +/-10V and/or PWM current or velocity commands
- Easy replacement for stepper solutions: pulse/direction-interface as position command
- single axis controller: indexer and ASCII commands via RS232-interface (programs often also selectable by I/O)
- Easy integration into distributed control architecture: several fieldbus interfaces available
We offer two product lines of our partner Kollmorgen to be able to meet all the above requirements, especially for AC supply voltages.
Servocontrollers with AC input:
- AKD Servodrives: Industrial servodrives for supply voltages up to 480Vac and five current ratings 3 / 6 / 12 / 24 / 48A. Includes feedback interfaces: SFD, EnDat 2.1 / 2.2, BiSS, analog Sin/Cos encoder, Quad A/B, HIPERFACE, resolver. Fieldbus interfaces:EtherCAT, SynqNet, Modbus/TCP, CANopen, Ethernet/IP and Profinet
- ServoStar700: Industrial servo controller for direct mains connection 3x 230 ... 480Vac with analog command and RS-232 interface for setup and easy to use software for positioning via ASCII, indexer, CANopen and Ethernet as standard and optional Profibus-DP interface; optional safety card
- ServoStar300: Industrial servo controller for direct mains connection 1x 115 ... 240Vac / 3x 230 ... 480Vac with analog command and RS-232 interface for setup and easy to use software for positioning via ASCII, indexer, CANopen and Ethernet as standard and optional Profibus-DP interface;