A tubular motor, also known as a tube motor or tubular linear motor, consists of a magnetic rotor and an electric coil in a housing. You can see this quite well in the picture on the right. The piston rod is the magnetic rotor (magnets placed at fixed distances in a tube). The box is the electric coil. The magnetic rotor slides through a plastic slide bushing, which is housed in the coil box. When the coil is energized, the magnetic rotor thus moves. An integrated distance measuring system enables position detection
In the tubular motor category, we offer two distinct product families:
- Green Drive: For large forces and for 230Vac or 400Vac
- NL Series: For smaller forces and for 24Vdc or 48Vdc
In the following, you can find more detailed information about both families.
Most important features:
- DC-link voltages up to 560Vdc
- Peak force up to 1,160N
- Strokes up to 600mm
- Optional anti-rotation device
- Feedback: Quad A/B, Analog Sin/Cos 1Vpp, BiSS
The Green Drive tubular linear motor is a direct drive actuator. The linear motion is generated without ballscrews, belts and or gears. The Green Drive is composed of two parts: the stainless steel slider with holes for payload fixing and the IP65 motor body that contains the coils and the feedback electronics. The slider is guided by high performance sliding bearings. The electronics contains position sensors, temperature sensors, interpolation electronics and motor parameters as an electronic data sheet (EDS). The Green Drive standard version is available in different sizes up to reach 1,160 N of peak force. All models are available with different strokes and feedback options. Additionally, special models for hygienic applications are available on request.
Feedback options: Analog SIN/COS 1Vpp, Quad A/B, BiSS-C.
DC-link voltage: 320Vdc or 560Vdc (same winding).
The most important features of this family are:
- Motor with optional integrated drive electronics
- Flange dimensions beginning from 15x34mm till 35x63mm
- Force range starts from 0,6 N up to 20 N of continuous force
- Voltage 24 VDC to 48 VDC
- Encoder SIN/COS 1 Vpp
Our miniature linear motors are a complete solution for the pharmaceutical and medical industry and for all kind of automatic machines in general. One of the advantages of the standard NL series is its compactness with flange dimensions beginning from 15x34mm till 35x63mm. The linear motor is composed of a high performance three phase winding, an integrated encoder SIN/COS 1Vpp and a rod in AISI 304 stainless steel. The NL series, composed of 6 different types, has an excellent performance and dimension ratio. The force range starts from 0,6 N up to 20 N of continuous force with peak forces 6 times these values. The standard power supply of the drive is 24/48 VDC.
The miniature linear motors NLI have the same outside dimensions of the standard NL series, including a high-performance servo drive with positioning features and CANopen fieldbus control. The power supply of these motors has a wide range from 24 Vdc up to 48 Vdc. The miniature linear motors NLI with integrated drive electronics are particularly suitable for the replacement of pneumatic actuators, using the same control logic.
- Compact direct drive linear actuator CE certified
- Integrated FOC drive and PLC functions: 10 different programmable position tasks with 4 different motion profile options (trapezoidal, triangular, polynomial and sinusoidal)
- Motion control using Digital input 0-24VDC (same as pneumatic cylinder electrovalve control) – plug&play to replace pneumatics
- Motion control using Analog input 0-5VVDC (voltage to frequency control using sinusoidal motion profile)
- 2 Digital Inputs, 3 Digital Outputs to map faults or conditions like in position window
- MODBUS RTU for diagnostic and commissioning
- 24VDC to 48VDC power
- Diagnostic functions: on time, travelled distance in km, number of performed cycles, load on the motor and temperature (512 minutes log inside the motor)
- Interpolated motion using digital input trigger
- Status leds
- Accessories for antirotation mechanics (pneumatic brake option for vertical axis)
- competitive price (minimum delta from encoder only motor solution)
|Motor Code||Rated Force [N]||Peak Force [N]||Actuator length [mm]||LF [mm]||LH [mm]||max. effective Stroke||Datasheet|
The tubular motors (linear motors) are also available as a food-safe i.e. hygienic version. See picture on the right.
Most important features of the food-grade i.e. hygienic version:
- IP69K i.e. suitable for high-pressure cleaning and washdown
- With IP69K food-grade cable glands (clearly visible in the picture) either nickel-plated or made of stainless steel
- Housing of the coil unit made of stainless steel or alternatively aluminium with GHA coating (antibacterial due to silver ions, less expensive than stainless steel). An additional advantage of aluminium: better transfer of dissipated heat from the electric coil unit.
- Polymer bushing from IGUS®, certified for the food industry (FDA)
- Magnetic forcer (= push rod or piston rod) made of stainless steel
- Bus voltage 320Vdc or 560Vdc
- Built-in linear measuring system consisting of analogue Hall sensors
- Repeatable positioning accuracy approx. ±150µm
Changes at MACCON
To whom it may concern:
For various reasons, we have decided to merge the MACCON group of companies into one company. As of 01.09.2021 (current planning) the new company
MACCON GmbH & Co. KG
will be available to you as a your new business partner, with all rights and obligations of the previous companies. This change has no influence on our existing business relationship. All previous agreements will of course remain valid.
Unfortunately, this change requires some formalities that can only be processed sequentially. The local court (business register court) will formally publish various conversion steps. We ask you to wait until this conversion process is completed. We will inform you promptly about the completion of the conversion and provide you with all relevant company data.
We look forward to a continued mutually beneficial business relationship.
We thank you in advance for your patience.
The MACCON Team
Folow us on LinkedIn