MACCON can offer six technologies for the measurement of motor or mechanism shaft position in the space environment:
- Hall-effect sensors, primarily directly integrated in our motors and used to support electronic commutation and very simple incremental postion control.
- Reluctance resolvers, which are highly robust, consisting of lamination iron and insulated copper windings only
- MR-sensors - see datasheet (right-hand side), ideal for thin ring construction and for implementation of redundancy
- Inductosyn pancake style resolver - used for the last 50 years in space
- Netzer electrical encoders, space version under development and verifcation
- Zettlex HF-magnetic encoders, space version under development and verifcation.