The EKM servo motor series is the military version AKM industrial servo motors: the EKM motor provides best dynamic performance due to low inertia, compact design, low cogging and high flexibility regarding winding selection and design.
In the military version we offer 6 flange sizes from 57 to 188mm and several stack lengths in each size with a holding torque from 0.43 to 53Nm are available. The torque range of two adjacent sizes overlaps so that it is possible to select between two inertia values to meet optimum match with your application.
The EKM servo motors have been designed to meet the requirements of military users, therefore military connectors, extended temperature range, enhanced corrosion protection and higher shock and vibration ratings are standard in this motor series. The standard feedback is a 2-pole resolver.
Most important properties:
- 3 phase, permanent magnet brushless servomotors
- size / pole count: 2 = 6-pole, 3 = 8-pole, 4 and bigger = 10-pole
- high dynamic response
- nominal torque from 0.4 to 53Nm
- supply voltages from 75 to 650Vdc (various winding options, for 24V versions please contact us)
- integrated 2-pole resolver for sine commutation
- smooth shaft (no keyway) with threaded hole in the front side
- IP67 (also for shaft with shaft seal)
- enhanced corrosion protection by usage of stainless steel shaft and special coating for the housing (resistant against various chemical substances)
- completely sealed connectors according MIL-C-38999 standard
- thermal sensor in the winding
- insulation system designed for operation at 3x480Vac (exception AKM1x: 230Vac
- shock: tested to MIL standard MIL-STD-810E, method 516.4, procedure 1
- vibration: tested to MIL standard MIL-STD-810E, method 514.4, procedure 1
- options: keyway, custom windings, gearbox, brake, etc.
Do you have technical questions or need a quote?
Contact us today to talk to an experienced MACCON engineer!Open Contact-Form