Flux captures the complexity of electromagnetic and thermal phenomena to predict the behavior of future products with precision.
Flux is the leading software for electromagnetic and thermal simulations. For more than 30 years, Flux simulation software has been used worldwide in leading industries and university labs. It has become a reference for the high accuracy it delivers.
With its continuously improving technology, Flux is a versatile, efficient and user-friendly tool that will help to generate optimized and high-performance products, in less time and with fewer prototypes. Together with a highly qualified support network and a strong community of users, Altair and its Flux team provide recognized expertise in electrical engineering.
In a greener and more electric world, engineers can rely on Flux to assist in designing energy efficient devices, bringing more innovation and value to your customers.
Flux, using breakthrough technologies, is the right tool for the analysis, design and optimization of modern applications. Featuring embedded multi-parametric analysis capabilities, its open interface deals with different simulation domains and is well suited for multiphysics couplings.
Open and intuitive, Flux can be easily included in your design workflow to deliver reliable analysis results. With the most advanced numerical methods available, it deals with complex modeling situations.
Its multi-parametric capabilities allow an efficient search of the design space for optimal performance of your device. Customization, automation and connection to CAD tools are available for maximum productivity.
Through the years, Flux has proven its ability to get close to measurements and to reproduce with great accuracy complex phenomena. Flux generates results engineers can trust allowing them to concentrate on innovation. Flux solvers are constantly being improved to bring the best solving speed, allowing for the evaluation of thousands of design configurations.
Because each simulation is unique, Flux can be easily adapted to specific needs. Different options are available to fine tune the models and the solvers, bringing accurate results in the most efficient way. With its embedded scripting tools and the ability to write macros, Flux captures simulation processes and automates them, thus speeding-up the everyday use of the software.
Using a parameter to define a geometric dimension or a physical characteristic is one of the Flux fundamentals. Linking several parameters together through equations is also very easy, and users can intuitively explore the influence of any parameter.
Flux also takes advantage of the distribution of the calculations, allowing for the evaluation of numerous design configurations with an optimized computational time.
The connection to the Altair suite enables users to work in a global creative environment. Flux can be coupled to the best available 3D analysis software to consider multiphysics and get the most realistic representation of phenomena, or to system level simulation tools to design control strategy.
High performance geometric description
- Embedded sketcher and modeler with fully parametrized modeling constructs
- Advanced CAD import & export
- Defeaturing & simplification capabilities
- A dedicated environment for electric rotating machines design in 2D&3D
- Skew modeling capabilities avoiding long 3D analysis thanks to 2,5D models.
An easy and flexible mesh generator
Flux® provides different mesh technologies that can be mixed in both 2D and 3D situations to help the user to quickly get a precise mesh:
- Smart automatic mesh and fine manual control of mesh size and distribution
- Linked mesh between identical geometric entities
- Auto-adaptive mesh refinement during solving in 2D & 3D.
Advanced physical properties for high performance calculations
A full range of physical models to simulate the low frequency behavior of electromagnetic devices.
- Magnetic: Static, steady state AC magnetic, transient
- Electric: Electrostatic, conduction, steady-state AC electric
- Thermal: Steady state AC thermal, transient
- Thermal couplings: Electro-thermal, magneto-thermal
- Embedded electric circuits and rigid body motion capabilities
Advanced modeling techniques for accurate and fast results:
- Non meshed coils
- Thin regions represented by surface models (no need to mesh the thickness)
- Non-linear anisotropic material behavior, hysteresis modeling
- Skin and proximity losses in windings
Solving process: A fast and robust solver
Fully parametric solver allowing geometrical or physical parameter sweeps
- Several iterative or direct linear solvers with multiprocessing (parallel computing)
- Robust non-linear solvers.
- Distributed parametric studies across several cores or machines.
Results post-processing: Show your results and convince
Flux provides a complete and versatile postprocessor enabling the analysis of results from multi-parametric solving. It gives access to various quantities such as:
- Potential, flux density, temperature, electric and magnetic fields
- Global quantities: magnetic flux, inductances, stored energy
- Iron losses, Joule losses in conductors, skin effect visualization
- Quantities on electrical components: current, voltage, power, inductance
- Mechanical quantities: position, velocity, force, torque, speed
Software integration is a key strategy for Flux. Therefore, data exchange between Flux and your existing software is now simpler than ever before.
Innovate in 3D
Finding new innovative solutions, design, facilitating integration and compactness of systems is nowadays made in 3D.